Your Library reaches more people than any other community organization. For example, the Tigard Library circulates over 1.5 million items yearly. The Library offers a wide array of information and program outreach.
- Support the Friends
- Increase charitable contributions on your State and Federal taxes
- Downsize your personal library
- Make room on your shelves for new books, CDs, DVDs
- Contribute to upcoming book sales
- Your donation to the Friends is an investment in your Library and the quality of life of the community
The Friends of the Tigard Library gratefully accepts contributions of time, money and materials.
Donation of Time
- Volunteer at the Library – assist with sorting, packing and/or hauling book donations and using computer skills as needed. For information about volunteering at the library in general, (greet patrons, check-in books, shelve, bring books to shut-ins, etc.), contact the library’s volunteer coordinator at (503) 718-2516 or visit the Library website.
- Help at book sales
- Attend meetings and offer suggestions
- Assist the Friends as needed
Donation of Money
The Friends of the Tigard Library is a 501 c (3) corporation, and your contribution is 100% tax deductible.
To donate, please choose an amount from the buttons below.
Donations of Books and Materials
Items that may be donated:
- Compact discs
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Computer software
- Sheet music
Items that may not be donated:
- Soiled, torn, worn, moldy or damp materials
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Computer manuals more than 5 years old
- Encyclopedias more than 5 years old
- Homemade audiotapes, video tapes, CDs or DVDs
- VHS and cassette tapes
Where to deliver donations:
The Welcome Desk at the Library during operating hours:
13500 SW Hall Boulevard
Tigard, OR 97223
For Library hours and additional donation guidelines, please check the Tigard Library Web Site.
OR call the Library 503-684-6537. If you have a large donation, please call ahead.
Where do donations go?
We have a streamlined process that follows these steps:
- Librarians go through the books for shelving needs
- Some books are chosen for our ongoing sale in the Library lobby
- Other books are chosen for inclusion in our book sale events or Amazon Storefront
- Remaining books are donated to other libraries or organizations
All donations find a positive home!
Are non-monetary donations tax-deductible?
You bet! You will receive a receipt for your donation.